I accepted a Christmas home decorating contract yesterday and even though the holiday season is months away I am brainstorming decorating ideas for this assignment.
My client has requested a winter wonderland theme and I think the decorations will be perfect for her holiday parties. Here is a white Christmas home set that I designed to show my client. Know that these digital designs are a good way to communicate your ideas to your customer.
Do you love the pillow that was designed by The Silver Snowflake? I featured the designer's pillow on the chair in the home set. You can view or buy this pillow at zazzle.com.
Here are some Christmas décor ideas for living room
- Decorate your living room by draping a pre-lit balsam garland on your fireplace mantle and also add to the railing of your staircase.
- Fill 12 apothecary jars with silver ornaments and feature a few on top of the mantle, coffee table, and foyer tables.
- Drape iridescent beads over the balsam garland. The sparkle from the beads will glisten in the light and will look stunning.
- Add a flocked balsam centerpiece with white pine cones that are tipped with silver glitter to your dining table to pull the white Christmas theme together.
- Clear the coffee table, then cover the table with a white damask Christmas tablecloth. If the tablecloth is too long to gather the bottom of the tablecloth and fold under. This will give the bottom a pouf appearance.
- Arrange the apothecary jars, votive candles or balsam arrangement on top of the coffee table. Or you can set a silver tray in the center of the coffee table, then arrange an assortment of large medium, small and white candles with clear glass or crystal holders on top of the tray. Accent this arrangement with silver ornaments and sprigs of fresh balsam from your Christmas tree.
- Add touches of crystal prisms to the coffee table and the mantle as this will make the display sparkle.
When the sofa and chairs are not complementary to the Christmas theme you can remedy the problem by buying or making sofa or chair covers. Choose a fabric pattern and color that will compliment the winter white theme. Sofa covers are a great way to pull the room together so all furniture looks like it was made for your holiday theme.
Add coziness to your living room with throw pillows. Here are some lovely white Christmas pillows that would compliment a winter white theme living room. These elegant pillows were found at zazzle.com